Denver Adventure - Part 1 9:58 PM

So here we are in Denver,CO for BlogPaws West for our new website The Fit Dog. It's the first time that Athena has ridden in a car for an extended period of time and she did amazing! I was so utterly happy with her. She didn't fuss or bounce all over the car. 11 hours is a long time for a pup and she makes me proud to be an Akita owner.

This trip has already been somewhat stressful but I will manage. Athena is calm for me (she is kind of a fuzzy security blanket). The drive was long (but nice). We did have some issues at a stop just past the Colorado state line. We had stopped for a mandatory potty break and while walking Athena around to do her things she got a couple of sticky thorn brambles in her paw pads. They were pretty bad but she let me remove them with no issues. I did feel a tad like crying because those things hurt like you wouldn't believe and my poor Athena had 4 of them...on in each paw.

She is a trouper and absolutely amazing! I really have a love affair with my dog. She is the most wonderful companion and she is amazing in so many ways. I am blessed to have such a bond with her! Athena Beans I love you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment